Egypt Visa: Everything You Need to Know
Egypt Visa: Everything You Need to Know
Egypt is a fascinating country that attracts millions of tourists every year with its ancient pyramids, temples, museums, and natural wonders. If you are planning to visit Egypt, you may need a visa to enter the country, depending on your nationality and purpose of travel. In this article, we will explain everything you need to know about Egypt visa, including the entry requirements, the covid entry requirements, the visa options for Indians, the visa on arrival, the e-visa, and the vfs global services.
Egypt Entry Requirements
The entry requirements for Egypt vary depending on your nationality and the type of visa you are applying for. Generally, you will need the following documents to enter Egypt:
- A valid passport with at least six months of validity and two blank pages.
- A visa or an entry permission stamp, unless you are exempt from visa requirements.
- A proof of accommodation or a tour booking, if requested by the immigration officers.
- A proof of sufficient funds or a return ticket, if requested by the immigration officers.
Egypt Covid Entry Requirements
Due to the covid-19 pandemic, Egypt has implemented some additional entry requirements for travelers. These include:
- A negative PCR test result taken within 72 hours before departure. The test result must be in English or Arabic and have a QR code. Children under six years old are exempt from this requirement.
- A health declaration form filled online at least two days before arrival. You can access the form at the official Egypt Health Entry Portal. You will receive a QR code after submitting the form, which you need to show at the airport.
- A health insurance that covers covid-19 treatment in Egypt.
These covid entry requirements may change at short notice, so you should check the latest information with your airline or the official Egypt Tourism Authority before traveling.
Egypt Visa for Indians
Indian citizens who want to visit Egypt for tourism purposes have two options to obtain a visa: online or on arrival. The online option is the Egypt e-Visa, which allows you to apply for a single-entry or a multiple-entry tourist visa in advance. The single-entry e-Visa is valid for 90 days and allows a stay of up to 30 days. The multiple-entry e-Visa is valid for 180 days and allows multiple stays of up to 30 days each. You can apply for an e-Visa at least seven days before your trip by filling an online application form and paying a fee of 25 USD for a single-entry e-Visa or 60 USD for a multiple-entry e-Visa. You will receive your e-Visa by email and you need to print it out and present it with your passport at the airport.
The on-arrival option is the Egypt Visa on Arrival, which allows you to obtain a single-entry tourist visa at the airport upon arrival. You need to wait in line at the visa on arrival window, fill out an application form, provide your passport and a photo, and pay a fee of 25 USD in cash (preferably in US dollars). You will receive a visa sticker that you need to attach to your passport. The visa on arrival is valid for 30 days and allows a stay of up to 30 days.
Egypt Visa on Arrival
The Egypt Visa on Arrival is available for citizens of several countries who are eligible to visit Egypt for tourism purposes. You can check if you are eligible for a visa on arrival by visiting the official Egypt e-Visa Portal or contacting the nearest Egyptian embassy or consulate. To obtain a visa on arrival, you need to follow these steps:
- Arrive at one of the international airports in Egypt where the visa on arrival service is available. These include Cairo International Airport, Hurghada International Airport, Sharm El Sheikh International Airport, Luxor International Airport, and Borg El Arab International Airport.
- Go to the visa on arrival window before reaching the immigration counters.
- Fill out an application form and provide your passport and a photo.
- Pay a fee of 25 USD in cash (preferably in US dollars). You should have the exact amount ready to avoid delays.
- Receive a visa sticker and attach it to your passport.
- Proceed to the immigration counters and present your passport and visa sticker.
The visa on arrival is valid for 30 days and allows a stay of up to 30 days. It is not extendable and it does not allow multiple entries. If you want to avoid the hassle of waiting in line and paying in cash, you can apply for an e-Visa online instead.
The Egypt e-Visa is an electronic visa that allows you to apply for a tourist visa online before traveling to Egypt. It is a convenient and fast way to obtain a visa without visiting an embassy or consulate or waiting in line at the airport. The e-Visa is available for citizens of 74 countries who are eligible to visit Egypt for tourism purposes. You can check if you are eligible for an e-Visa by visiting the official Egypt e-Visa Portal or contacting the nearest Egyptian embassy or consulate. To apply for an e-Visa, you need to follow these steps:
- Create an account on the Egypt e-Visa Portal via the registration page.
- Confirm your account registration.
- Log on to the Egypt e-Visa Portal.
- Select Apply Now.
- Select the type of visa (single-entry or multiple-entry) and read the instructions carefully.
- Fill in the application form with your personal, passport, and travel details.
- Pay the e-Visa fee using a Visa card, MasterCard, or other debit cards. The fee is 25 USD for a single-entry e-Visa or 60 USD for a multiple-entry e-Visa.
- Receive an email confirmation with your application number.
- Wait for your e-Visa to be processed. The processing time is usually three business days, but it may take longer depending on the volume of applications and the verification of information.
- Receive an email notification with your e-Visa status. If your application is approved, you will receive a link to download your e-Visa.
- Print out your e-Visa and present it with your passport at the airport.
The e-Visa is valid for 90 days for a single-entry visa or 180 days for a multiple-entry visa. It allows a stay of up to 30 days per entry. It is not extendable and it does not allow work or study activities. You should apply for an e-Visa at least seven days before your trip to avoid any delays or problems.
VFS Global Egypt
VFS Global is a company that provides visa application services for various countries around the world. VFS Global operates visa application centers where you can submit your visa application, pay the visa fee, and collect your passport with the visa stamp. VFS Global also offers online services such as appointment booking, tracking, courier, SMS, and email notifications. VFS Global works as an intermediary between applicants and embassies or consulates, but it does not issue visas or make decisions on visa applications.
VFS Global has several visa application centers in Egypt where you can apply for visas to different countries, such as Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, USA, and more. You can find the list of countries and locations of VFS Global centers in Egypt on their official website. To apply for a visa through VFS Global, you need to follow these steps:
- Check the eligibility and requirements for the visa you want to apply for on the website of the embassy or consulate of your destination country.
- Prepare your visa application form and supporting documents according to the instructions given by the embassy or consulate of your destination country.
- Book an appointment online on the VFS Global website for your chosen country and location.
- Visit the VFS Global center on the day of your appointment with your passport, visa application form, supporting documents, and visa fee (if applicable).
- Submit your visa application and biometric data (if required) at the VFS Global center.
- Pay the service fee and any optional services (such as courier, SMS, email, etc.) at the VFS Global center.
- Receive a receipt with a tracking number that you can use to track the status of your visa application online on the VFS Global website